The Nonlinear Workbook
Chaos, Fractals, Cellular Automata, Neural Networks,
Genetic Algorithm, Gene Expression Programming, Wavelets,
with C++, Java and SymbolicC++ Programs, fourth edition
World Scientific, Singapore 2008
ISBN 981 281 852 9
In the past few years Fuzzy Logic has become one of the standard
tools for Engineers, scientists and professionals from the artificial
intelligence community. This course will give a thorough introduction into the
theory of Fuzzy Logic and we will discuss applications to expert
systems, control, robotics and pattern recognition.
- Some basic programming experience in C++.
Provisional Course Content (subject to modifications).
Day 1: Basic Theory
- Introduction to Set Theory.
- Boolean Logic.
- Introduction to Fuzzy Sets.
- C++ Representations of Fuzzy Sets.
Day 2: Theory and C++ Implementation
- Fuzzy Logic Operators.
- Algebraic Operations with Fuzzy Numbers.
- C++ Implementation of Fuzzy Sets.
Day 3: Fuzzy Analysis and Expert Systems
- Fuzzy Measures and Measures of Fuzziness.
- Fuzzy Relations.
- Fuzzy Analysis.
- Approximate Reasoning.
- Applications to Expert Systems.
Day 4: Applications
- Fuzzy Control (Temperature Control, Hardware Implementation)
- Course Summary.
Timetable and Enrollment Forms.
For further information contact
- Prof. Willi-Hans Steeb