Algebraic Computing using SymbolicC++ and Maxima
Computer Algebra with SymbolicC++
Yorick Hardy, Tan Kiat Shi and Willi-Hans Steeb
World Scientific, Singapore 2008
World Scientific, Singapore
Algebraic computation involves solving problems on a symbolic level.
Symbolic computation can be tedious and error prone. Thus it is desirable
to automate such tasks using a computer. A number of popular software
solutions exist such as SymbolicC++, Maxima, Reduce, Mathematica, Maple, MuPAD and Axiom.
This course describes properties of such systems and the implementation of
a system for symbolic computation.
- First-year level calculus.
- Linear algebra.
- Background in object-oriented programming in C++ (preferably successful completion
of the certificate course Object_Oriented Programming in C++).
- What is Computer Algebra?
- Properties of Computer Algebra Systems
- Pitfalls in Computer Algebra Systems
- Design of a Computer Algebra System
- Mathematics for Computer Algebra: Differentiation, number systems, etc.
- Computer Algebra Systems: Maxima, Maple, MuPaD, Mathematica, Reduce and others.
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Classes for Computer Algebra
- The Symbolic Class
- Lisp and Computer Algebra
- Gene Expression Programming
- Multi Expression Programming
Timetable and Enrollment Forms.
For further information contact Prof. W.-H. Steeb